Suitable for battery-powered device's speaker amp by low voltage operation, filter-less and 1.5W output
June 15, 2010
New Japan Radio releases the NJU8758, analog signal input filter-less monaural 1.5W class D power amplifier
June 15, 2010 - New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. has introduced to the market the NJU8758, analog signal input filter-less monaural 1.5W class D amplifier, suitable for battery-powered device's speaker amplifier, such as security devices and portable devices.
The NJU8758 includes PWM modulator, output short protector and operating voltage monitor circuit.
- No.1 Suitable for battery-powered devices by low voltage operation from 1.8V
- The NJU8758 operates from 1.8V to meet the one dry cell operation of security devices and portable devices. Further it guarantees its operating voltage range from 1.8V to 5.5V, to meet use of various equipments.
- No.2 Providing space saving and parts account reduction by output filter-less
- Class D amplifier needs external output filter (LPF*1) constructed of inductor, for cutting off high frequency noise and reproducing analog audio signal. The NJU8758 employs output filter-less circuit for eliminating external parts and for space saving in mounting area.
- No.3 Suitable for security devices and portable devices by 1.5W BTL*2 output
- The NJU8758 has 1.5W BTL output, enough power for a speaker amplifier of security devices and portable devices. Further, BTL output is coupling capacitor-less structure so, it can drive speaker directly.
- *1 :LPF Low Pass Filter
- *2 :BTL Balanced Transformer Less / Bridged Transformer Less
[Application & Block Diagram]
- portable speaker
- portable devices( IC recorder etc.)
- small consumer products such as interphone and home fire alarm
[Features & Characteristics]
- Operating voltage 1.8V to 5.5V
- Analog signal input (monaural)
- 1.5W BTL output at 5V
- Output filter-less
- Mute/stand-by function
- Pop noise reduction function
- Active filter
- Internal output short-protection circuit
- Internal Power supply voltage monitor circuit
- CMOS technology
- Package outline SSOP14 (5.0×6.4×1.25mm typ.)[Pb-free]
- Engineering Samples(ES) : from April 2010 already available
- Mass Production(MP) : June 2010