Providing miniaturization of auto-focus camera module for cellular phone, by expansion of small and thin package line-up
February 10, 2010
New Japan Radio releases the NJL5901R-2/ NJL5902R-2, COBP (Chip On Board Package) Photo Reflector
February 10, 2010 - New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. has introduced to the market, the NJL5901R-2/ NJL5902R-2, COBP (Chip On Board Package) Photo Reflector*1, suitable for Auto-focus (AF) camera module of cellular telephone.
[Background of development]
Auto-focus (AF) camera module for cellular phone, consists of lens, image sensor elements and peripheral components such as motor and optical sensor for position detection. Recently, it is required more downsizing and lower profile by thin-type cellular phone request from the market.
It is necessary to increase the lens diameter size, due to ensuring the focal distance between lens and image sensor elements. But there is a limitation of module outline size. Therefore, more downsizing of peripheral components is required, instead of lens diameter size increasing.
To meet these needs, New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. has developed the NJL5901R-2 / NJL5902R-2 COBP Photo Reflector more downsized than our conventionally products.
The NJL5901R-2/5902R-2 are Photo Reflectors, mounted into miniature thin surface mount package and consist of high output current infrared light LED and Si (silicon) phototransistor.
- No.1 Providing miniaturization of auto-focus camera module by employing miniature thin surface mount package
- The NJL5901R-2 employs the miniature package with dimensions of 1.4×1.0×0.6 mm, it provides 33% reduction in space, compare with our conventionally product, the NJL5901AR-1 (package size: 1.3×1.6×0.6 mm). The NJL5902R-2 employs the miniature package with dimensions of 1.7×1.2×0.6 mm, it provides 36% reduction in space, compare with our conventionally product, the NJL5902R-1 (package size:1.6×2.0×0.6 mm).
- No.2 Providing high SN ratio by low operating dark current (NJL5902R-2)
- The NJL5902R-2 with low operating dark current*2 (0.5µA max.) is best suitable for the applications requiring high SN ratio.
- No.3 Halogen free, Pb-free Reflow soldering
- The NJL5901R-2/5902R-2 employ halogen free package, and also can be soldered by Pb-free Reflow soldering (temperature 260 degree Celsius, 2 times available). They provide good mounting performance compatible with environment-friendliness.
- *1 Photo Reflector:
- It is a reflecting type optical sensor with LED and phototransistor into one package.
- The light emitted from LED will be reflected by reflector back to the phototransistor, and the phototransistor detects it.
- The transistor will increase or decrease output current corresponding to the reflecting light level.
- *2 dark current
- extremely weak current flowing through the photo transistor, without reflected light
- AF position detection of Camera module
- Position detection of hands movement correction system
- Various detection systems
[Features & Characteristics]
- Surface Mount Small Package
- NJL5901R-2 : 1.4×1.0×0.6mm(thickness)
- NJL5902R-2 : 1.7×1.2×0.6mm(thickness)
- High Output Current
- NJL5901R-2 : 240µA typ.
- NJL5902R-2 : 100µA typ.
- Halogen free, Pb-free, Reflow soldering
- Reflow soldering temperature 260 degree Celsius, 2 times available
- Engineering Samples(ES) : February 2010
- Mass Production(MP) : March 2010