Built-in Japanese Kanji ROM reduces the burden of CPU and display capability of 96COM × 256SEG provides high definition images
July 2, 2009
New Japan Radio releases the NJU6645, 16-character/6-line Dot Matrix LCD Driver with Japanese Kanji ROM
July 2, 2009 - New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. has introduced to the market the NJU6645, - 16-character/6-line Dot Matrix LCD Driver with Japanese Kanji ROM, suitable for the LCD Display on Business-Phone and Home-Audio Equipment. It can reduce the burden of CPU and provide high definition images.
[Background of development]
Recently, in Business-Phone and Home-Audio Equipment market, the demand for display quality upgrading such as large amount of information, high definition is increasing. To meet these need s, New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. has developed the NJU6645.
The NJU6645 is comprised of common and segment drivers, Kanji-font ROM, DD-RAM, CG-RAM, MK-RAM, voltage booster, reset-circuit, oscillator and/or other circuit. It can reduce the burden of CPU, because of built-in Japanese Kanji-font ROM that is not included on conventional LCD drivers. And more, 96com × 256seg (16-character/6-line 16×16 dots par character) of display capability provides high definition images. The NJU6645 is suitable for Business-Phone and Home-Audio Equipment.
- ●Built-in Japanese Kanji ROM (JIS Level-1 Kanji, Level-2 Kanji, non-Kanji, half-size display) reduces the burden of CPU
- Conventional LCD drivers have Kanji ROM outside, so data transmission from Kanji ROM to CPU is required as shown in the drawing below. The built-in Japanese Kanji ROM makes expressing in Kanji possible, by only simple Kanji-code inputting from CPU to the NJU6645. Furthermore, the line between ROM and CPU is eliminated, so it can reduce a miss-conversion of characters.The NJU6645 is very effective as external noise-proof measure.
- ●Display capability of 96COM × 256SEG (16-character/6-line 16×16 dots par character) provides high definition images
- The NJU6645 can provide high definition images with display of 16×16 dots size character, compared with conventional popular display of 12×12 dots size character. And it provides a display that character (16-character/6-line) and graphic can be contained in the same display.
- Display Duty : 1/18, 1/34, 1/50, 1/66, 1/82, 1/98 selecting
- Operating Voltage : 2.4V to 3.6V
||16-character/6-line Dot Matrix LCD Driver with Japanese Kanji ROM
||Business Phones ,Home-Audio Equipments
[Features & Characteristics]
- 96com × 256seg + 2-icon com (16-character/6-line: 16×16 dots par character)
- Built-in Japanese Kanji ROM JIS Level-1 Kanji, Level-2 Kanji, non-Kanji, half-size display
- Chip form : Bumped Chip
- Engineering Samples (ES) : From June 2009
- Mass Production (MP) : From August 2009