Providing lightening the burden of design and cost reduction by simple key-scan IC
October 20, 2009
New Japan Radio releases the NJU6010, 24-KEY (4-output and 6-input) key-scan IC
October 20, 2009 - New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. has introduced to the market the NJU6010, key-scan IC, suitable for car-audio and information panel that have a lot of key-switches.
[Background of development]
Recently, in car-audio and information panel, the increasing of LCD segment number and key-switch number, make wiring complicated. Therefore some problems rise as bellow.
- It is necessary to make wiring shorter for reducing readout error in operation of key-switch control microprocessor. But the microprocessor can not be located near the panel, because of area limitation in the equipments.
- LCD segment number growth increases the pin number of package in LCD driver. The LCD driver IC with key-scan function makes the burden of microprocessor light. But it increases the pin number more, and it is difficult to be mounted in the board for large IC.
To clear up these problems, New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. has developed the NJU6010.
The NJU6010 consists of serial interface, oscillator, key-scan circuit, key-register and power on reset circuit.
- 1.Realizing the wiring reduce and the burden lightening of microprocessor
- The NJU6010, a key-scan IC can control 24-key input data, housed in compact package SSOP16(5.0×6.4×1.25mm typ.). It can be mounted near the operation panel, so it realizes the wiring reduction. Furthermore, it realizes the burden reduction of microprocessor, by key-scan function.
- 2.Providing cost reduction by built-in oscillator
- Built-in oscillation circuit for logic-circuit reduces external parts.
- 3.Wide operating temperature range
- The NJU6010 has wide operating temperature range, -40°C to +105°C, requiring for Auto-motive use.
||24-KEY (4-output and 6-input) key-scan IC
||Car-Audio / Key-operation panel in center console
[Features & Characteristics]
- Operating Voltage VDD=2.4V to 5.5V (excluding LCD driving voltage)
- 24-key(4-output and 6-input) key-scan
- Serial interface
- Request terminal (DATA terminal double use)
- Built-in key-register
- Built-in oscillation circuit
- CMOS technology
- Package Outline SSOP16(5.0×6.4×1.25mm typ.)
- Engineering Samples(ES) : already available from July 2009
- Mass Production(MP) : October 2009