Advanced virtual surround system reproduces more natural 3D acoustic field
June 15, 2009
New Japan Radio releases the NJU26040-09D, Digital Signal Processor employing SRS TruSurround HD/HD4
June 15, 2009 - New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. has introduced to the market the NJU26040-09D, - a DSP employing new virtual surround SRS TruSurround HD/HD4 which is an upgrade from the SRS TruSurround XT, and FOCUS technology. It provides a natural 3D acoustic field reproduction to TVs and front multi speaker systems. (TruSurround HD/HD4 and FOCUS are developed by U.S.-based SRS Labs, Inc.)
[Background of development]
Recently, popularity of terrestrial digital broadcasting, DVD and Blu-ray Disc demands 5.1-channel surround-compatible TVs and AV systems for households'use. But, there are some problems such as complexity of playback system and cumbersome wiring for 5.1-ch surround speaker systems.New Japan Radio has developed the NJU26040-09D, DSP which can enjoy real and high quality 3D acoustic field reproduction easily.
- 1.SRS TruSurround HD/HD4 reproduces high quality 3D acoustic field reproduction
- The SRS TruSurround HD features treble enhancement definition (unlike the SRS TruSurround XT), SRS TruBass bass enhancement, and treble correction definition for extra-clear virtual surround across a wide frequency range. Also, unlike SRS TruSurround XT configured for front two-speaker surround, the TruSurround HD4 is configured for four (two front and two rear) stereo speakers, and four-channel amps, for dramatically superior surround effect and 3-D acoustic reproduction.
- 2.SRS FOCUS reproduces a natural acoustic field with sound elevation equal to TV screen level
- The SRS FOCUS is a sound elevating technology. It can elevate the sound equal to TV screen level, if speakers are located lower area of TV. Therefore, it reproduces a natural acoustic field.
- 3.Advanced Bypass Mode provides the sound effects meeting the demand of user
- The NJU26040-09D has TruSurround HD/HD4 on/off function, and more Advanced Bypass Mode which can operate TruBassII, Definition and Dialog Clarity independently. So it can realize the sound setting meeting the demand of user.
- Input: Mono to 5.1-ch / Output: 2-ch to 5.1-ch available (digital input, output)
- Small lot production is available, because of built-in OTP memory
||DSP with SRS TruSurround HD/HD4
||TV, TV rack, Front Multi Speaker-Systems
[Features & Characteristics]
- Operating Voltage Power Supply 3.3V / Input terminal +5.0V tolerant
- External clock frequency 38MHz max.
- Digital audio I/F 3-input,3-output
- Digital audio format I2S 24bit, left aligned, right aligned, BCK 32/64fs
- Host interface I2C-bus (Fast-mode/400kbps) / Serial interface / (Four wire:clock,slave select,input-data,output-data)
- C-MOS Technology
- Packaging Outline SSOP32 (11.0×7.6×1.15mm Pb-free)
- Engineering Samples (ES) : From May 2009
- Mass Production (MP) : From June 2009