Providing miniaturizing and cost reduction of Digital Radio Equipments by circuit optimizing and high-performance variable gain amplifier
August 3, 2009
New Japan Radio releases the NJM2287, 450KHz IF Gain Control Amplifier IC with Mixer for digital radio equipments
August 3, 2009 - New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. has introduced to the market, the NJM2287, 450KHz IF Gain Control Amplifier IC with Mixer for digital radio equipments, which realizes stable signal reception, miniaturization and cost reduction.
[Background of development]
By national policy, the transmission method of professional radio equipments will have finished changing to digital system from conventional analog by the end of November 2022. DSP or microprocessor is often used at receiving block in the digital radio equipment, and by rewriting soft wear, the equipment can be used as analog type radio equipment too. So the digital radio equipments employing DSP or microprocessor are called soft-wear radio equipments. Therefore, nowadays a few consumer equipments employing the same system are coming in the market. Many radio equipments employing DSP or microprocessor use IF*1 Gain Control Amplifier (GCA) IC, but there is no exclusive use IC in the market, and a part of expensive I/Q*2 demodulation IC IS often used as a substitute of IF GCA. So New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. has developed the NJM2287, IF Gain Control Amplifier IC suitable for digital radio equipments.
The NJM2287 is comprised of 2nd mixer, variable gain amplifier, RSSI*3 circuit, suitable for digital radio equipments employing IF gain control. The NJM2287 is provides sensitivity increasing in signal receiving, miniaturization and cost reduction by circuit optimizing, wide gain control range and Rail to Rail output with high driving capacity.
- 1.Providing receiving sensitivity increasing and cost reduction by wide gain control range, above 80dB
- It can achieve stable signal receiving at wide electro magnetic field range by wide gain control range, above 80dB. Therefore, the cheaper and low-bit ADC*4 connecting back step of IF AGC, can be employed in designs. So the NJM2287 provides cost reduction of equipments.
- 2.Providing receiving sensitivity increasing with equipped mixer available for strong signal in-put
- Due to the equipped mixer available for strong signal in-put, the high frequency amplifier connecting front stage of the mixer circuit, can raise gain. Therefore, total noise figure of equipment is reduced and receiving sensitivity is increased.
- 3.IF Amplifier with Rail to Rail output provides space-saving and cost-reduction
- The I/Q demodulation IC has no high driving capacity and Rail to Rail output. Therefore, the digital radio equipment employing I/Q demodulation IC as a substitute of IF GCA, adds a buffer amplifier to get high driving capacity and isolation between ADC and the I/Q IC. The NJM2287 provides Rail to Rail output with high driving capacity, so it can connect to ADC without buffer amplifier, and realize space-saving and cost-reduction of the equipments.
- Built-in RSSI Circuit:wide dynamic range 70dB
- Low current consumption
- *1 :IF:Intermediate Frequency
- *2 I/Q:In-phase/Quadrature phase
- *3 RSSI circuit:Received Signal Strength Indicator (input signal intensity measurement circuit)
- *4 ADC:Analog to Digital Converter
||450KHz IF Gain Control Amplifier IC with Mixer
||Digital Radio Equipments
[Features & Characteristics]
- Low current consumption 4.7mA typ.
- Low Operating Voltage 2.7V to 5.5V
- Maximum Input Frequency 100MHz(standard)
- IF Input Frequency 450kHz(standard)
- Dynamic Range IF Gain above 80dB / RSSI 70dB(reference)
- Package outline SSOP14(Package size 5.0×6.4×1.25mm typ.)
- Engineering Samples (ES) : From July 2009
- Mass Production (MP) : From August 2009