Providing cost reduction of cellular phone due to the combination with CMOS RF-IC
July 16, 2009
New Japan Radio releases the NJG1138HA8, LNA (Low Noise Amplifier) GaAs MMIC with bypass function
July 16, 2009 - New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. has introduced to the market, the NJG1138HA8, LNA (Low Noise Amplifier) GaAs MMIC with bypass function, suitable for the European W-CDMA cellular phone.
[Background of development]
Recently, as a method to reduce the cellular phone cost, RF-IC*1 using CMOS process is becoming increasingly popular.
Existing LNAs are generally built in RF-IC, however, it is hard to consist of an LNA with high linearity characteristic in CMOS process, and so an external LNA is required.
To reduce the cost by using CMOS process, an external LNA with a high linearity is required.The NJG1138HA8 is satisfied with the above requirements and is 900MHz CDMA LNA with bypass function.
The NJG1138HA8 consists of low noise amplifier circuit, bypass circuit and control logic, and has high linearity characteristic, low current consumption and built-in ESD protect device. Additionally, to protect amp distortion by strong electric field inputs happened near base-station, the NJG1138HA8 has a bypass mode (Low gain mode) not to pass signals to amplifier circuits.
- 1.Providing high linearity characteristic and low current consumption both simultaneously
- The NJG1138HA8 provides high linearity characteristic ( IIP3 0dBm @VCTL=1.8V, fRF = 942.5MHz) to adopt high quality HJFET process, and low current consumption ( 2.3mA typ. @VCTL=1.8V ) both simultaneously.
- 2.Providing high ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) protective
- With built-in protective devices, high ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) protective, above 2000V by HBM (Human Body Model) method, is realized.
- Low control voltage
- Small and thin package USB6-A8(1.0 ×1.2×0.38mm typ.)
- Pb-free / Halogen-free
- *1 RF-IC:
- Radio Frequency Transceiver Integrated Circuit
||Low Noise Amplifier for W-CDMA with bypass function
||Cellular phone, data communication card
[Features & Characteristics]
[High gain mode]
- Low Voltage Operation +2.8V typ.
- Low CTL voltage +1.8V typ.
[Low gain mode]
- Low current consumption 2.3mA typ. @VCTL=1.8V
- High gain 16.0dB typ. @VCTL=1.8V, fRF=942.5MHz
- Low noise figure 1.4dB typ. @VCTL=1.8V, fRF=942.5MHz
- High input power at 1dB compression point -8.5dBm typ. @VCTL=1.8V, fRF=942.5MHz
- High input IP3 0dBm typ. @VCTL=1.8V, fRF=942.5MHz
- Low current consumption 10µA typ. @VCTL=0V
- High input power at 1dB compression point +16.0dBm typ. @VCTL=0V, fRF=942.5MHz
- Input IP3 +14dBm typ. @VCTL=0V, fRF=942.5MHz
- Pb-free / Halogen-free
- Small and thin package USB6-A8(mounting dimension: 1.0 × 1.2 × 0.38mm)
- Engineering Samples (ES) : June 2009
- Mass Production (MP) : August 2009