New JRC has launched two new sensors (NJL5311R, NJL5513R) in the reflective optoelectronic sensor series for the design and development of wearable devices. Using these sensors will further improve the matching with Analog Front End (AFE) IC in wearable device solutions with biomonitoring function. As wearable device sensors for measuring pulse rate and SpO2, the overall wearable design will become simpler and easier.
The wearable device with biomonitoring function is generally connected with Analog Front End(AFE) IC to process the detected signal. Several mainstream Analog Front End(AFE) ICs are widely used in the market. New JRC has developed two optoelectronic sensors for wearable fitness and healthcare monitoring devices, and improved the matching with the mainstream Analog Front End(AFE) ICs. One sensor NJL5311R is used for measuring pulse rate, and another one sensor NJL5513R is used for measuring SpO2.
NJL5311R and NJL5513R inherit reflective type as well as the previous optoelectronic sensors that make wearable devices more easily measure biomonitoring signal. NJL5311R sensor embeds optical filter that can reduce the environmental light interference in the light receiving device. NJL5311R is suitable for measuring pulse rate. NJL5513R sensor integrates one red LED, one infrared LED and two green LEDs in one package. NJL5513R is suitable for measuring pulse rate and SpO2. When we designed the both sensors, we have taken into account smart band application. We selected the best in LED type, brightness and configuration of the light receiving device.
- NJL5311R is a standard sensor for overseas chipset vendors.
- NJL5513R is a recommended sensor that is compatible with ApP Lite™(Application Processor Lite) TZ1000 Series*1 from TOSHIBA Storage & Electronic Devices Solutions Company.
- *1Wearable terminal processor with Bluetooth®Low Energy of low-power communication standard, acceleration sensor and flash memory.
NJL5311R (suitable for measuring pulse rate)
NJL5311R is a SMD type reflective optoelectronic sensor that integrates two high brightness green LEDs and a high sensitive Si-PIN photodiode with optical filter in one package. Two equipped LEDs can contribute to stability of the receiving optical signal. NJL5311R embeds optical filter in the photodiode, which can reduce the environmental light interference and accurately measure pulse rate.
|PD||High sensitive Si-PIN photodiode (with optical filter)|
NJL5513R (suitable for measuring pulse rate and SpO2)
NJL5513R is a SMD type reflective optoelectronic sensor that integrates two high brightness green LEDs, one red LED and one infrared LED, 3 kinds of light emitting devices and high sensitive Si-PIN photodiode of light receiving device in one package.
|LED||λp 525 / 660 / 940nm|
|PD||High sensitive Si-PIN photodiode|
- NJL5311R/NJL5513R have been in mass production from June 2016
- NJL5310R (only measure pulse rate)：equips two high brightness green LEDs and high sensitive Si-PIN photodiode
- NJL5510R (only measure SpO2)：equips one red LED, one infrared LED and high sensitive Si-PIN photodiode