Tokyo Japan, March 14, 2013 - New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. (New JRC) has introduced to the market "Opt-Pass", a high-precision optical position sensor suitable for lens position sensing of optical deveices.
Opt-Pass has emloyed an optical method (combining with stripe mirror and optical sensor) to overcome the problems in conventional mainstream mgnetic method (combining with magnet and magnetic sensor) such as "mounting acuracy" and "magnetic field influence from motor".
Opt-pass consists of optical sensor (NJL9101R), combining with high output infra-red LED and silicon photo sensor, and stripe mirror device (NJL9600 series). It provides high precision and resolusion position sensing with prosessing three output-signals from optical sensor. (see fig.1)
And two types of stripe mirrors are available to meet the range of sensing.
Magnetic influence free
Recently, DSC's lens becomes larger with increasing of image-sensor size on DSC. For moving larger lens, it needs a stronger magnetic motor than before that makes a bad influence for magnetic sensor. Opt-Pass, optical sensor, is not influenced by the magnetic field. Therefore it dose not require a consideration of reducing the influence by magnetic field such as mounting position and magnetic field analysis.
Less dependency of gap variation and yaw rotation*1
The magnetic sensor requires mouting acuracy, but the optical sensor allows a reduction of mounting acuracy. Because the output variation versus gap, between optical sensor and mirror device, is approximately one twentieth of magnetic sensor's output variation. In addition, it's output is less influenced by the yaw rotation. So Opt-Pass can provide easy mounting and adjustmemt than the magnetic sensor. (see fig.2)
Yaw direction rotation is the rotation of yaw axis (horizontal flat surface) .
Three types sine wave outputs provide a high-precision sensing
As position information, three types of sine waves, (reference wave 0°, 90° and 180°), are outputted from the sensor, and a high-precision sensing is available by processing them. (see fig.3)
NJL9101R: optical sensor combining high output current infra-red LED and silicon photo sensor
- Small and thin leadless surface-mount package COBP package : 2.3mm x 2.0mm x 0.6mm
- Built-in visible light cut filter, low idling current : 0.5mA max. (@ IF=5mA, Vce=3.3V)
- Output voltage (0°)： 90mVp-p typ. (@IF=5mA, Vce=3.3V, RL=2kW, d=0.7mm,stripe mirror NJL9600series)
- Output voltage (90°)： 90mVp-p typ. (@IF=5mA, Vce=3.3V, RL=2kW, d=0.7mm,stripe mirror NJL9600series)
- Output voltage (180°)： 90mVp-p typ. (@IF=5mA, Vce=3.3V, RL=2kW, d=0.7mm,stripe mirror NJL9600series)
NJL9600series: High-precision stripe mirrors optimised for NJL9101R, two types of stripe mirrors are available to meet the range of sensing
- DSC, Interchangeable lens, Security camera
- Mass Production (MP): June, 2013
- Engineering Sample (ES): Already available