Tokyo Japan, May 10, 2012 - New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. (New JRC) has introduced to the market the NJW4605, LED driver for backlight of medium/small sized LCD panels suitable for in-car equipments such as car navigation system, rear entertainment monitors and so on.
The NJW4605 is a high efficiency LED driver for LCD panel backlights consists of three constant current drivers and a step-up switching regulator allowing up to 24 LEDs driving. Various controls such as LED current control, error detection etc. by microcomputer are available though the I2C serial interface.
Providing high accuracy brightness control and LED driving current suitable for LCD panels requiring high quality in brightness and color rendition
The NJW4605 offers an industry-leading high accuracy brightness control (PWM dimming signal duty ratio 0.1% min.), which can show a little differences of brightness. It also has high accuracy LED string current and string-to-string tolerance both kept within ±2.0% (max.), which can reduce uneven coloring caused by the characteristics variation between LEDs.
Therefore the NJW4605 is especially suitable for LCD panel requiring high quality in color rendition.
Gradual dimming (auto dimming) function provides natural brightness control without CPU stress
When changing LED brightness, the NJW4065 automatically generates the interpolated value between previous brightness and newly brightness set by CPU. It generates interpolated dimming PWM pulse by up to 1,024-step, which can offer natural brightness control without CPU stress.
Synchronizing with external clock function reduces radio wave interference
Internal step-up switching regulator with external clock synchronous function can reduce interference by radio waves, because the external clock minimizing radio wave interference can be input from host CPU. Therefore the NJW6405 is suitable for in-car equipments such as car navigation systems.
- Wide operating voltage range (Wide Input Range Product*1) : 6.0V to 30V
- Operating temperature range : -40°C to +105°C
- I2C serial interface
- 3-Chanel constant current driver : 10mA to 80mA/ch.
- High accuracy LED current : ±2% max. (@ILED=40mA)
- Switching frequency : 300kHz to 1MHz
- PWM brightness control
- FAULT signal output
- Protection circuits : LED open/short protection, over-current protection, over-voltage protection,UVLO(Under Voltage Lockout), thermal shut down
- Package outline : SSOP32 (11.0 × 7.6 × 1.25mm)
The various markets, such as car accessories and industrial equipments, demand the ICs with wide input voltage range. To supply the benefit for the market, New Japan Radio provides the Wide Input Range Products line-up with input voltage from a few volts * to 35V.
*The input voltage lower limit of each products are different, and the lowest voltage is 3V.
- Car navigation system, Rear entertainment monitor etc.
- Type No.: NJW4605
- Function: LED driver for LCD panel backlights
- Mass production (MP): Already available from May 2012
- Engineering sample (ES): available