April 26, 2010 - New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. has introduced to the market the NJU3610, audio stereo A/D Converter suitable for AV amplifier and speaker system.
Background of development
Digital signal processing is becoming increasingly popular in audio equipments such as AV amplifier and speaker system, but there remains analog input terminal for adopting various input sources, therefore A/D Converter is required for analog terminal.
Recently, audio equipment's low power consumption is more and more required, due to environmental consideration. So A/D Converter mounted in the equipment is required higher accurate transformation, low voltage operation and low power consumption. To meet these needs, New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. has developed the NJU3610FR3.
The NJU3610FR3 is an audio A/D Converter consists of differential 4-stereo-input and 1-output selector, 5th delta sigma modulator and digital filter.
Providing low power consumption with high sampling frequency 192kHz
The NJU3610 FR3 features low power consumption (one-third compared to competitors' equivalent products) with high sampling frequency 192kHz by optimization of production process and circuit. It provides added value and reduction of environmental impact to audio equipments.
Power consumption(at fs=192kHz)
- analog part : 23.1mW typ.
- digital part : 14.4mW typ.
Providing common mode noise reduction by employing deferential amplifier input selector
The NJU3610FR3 employs 4-stereo-input 1-output selector, so it can selects one source from four analog audio sources easily. The selector employs differential transform input to reduce common mode noise affection.
Providing reduction of designer's burden by good combination with audio DSP
The NJU3610FR3 has good combination with our DSP for audio application, so the designers can easily design speaker systems with analog input. The NJU3610FR3 shortens audio equipments development time, due to high design efficiency by good matching between the devices.
- AV Amplifiers, speaker systems such as sound-bar, portable audio devices etc.
- 1-bit delta sigma stereo A/D Converter
- Built-in 4-1 selector (4-input 1-output)
- Sampling frequency: fs=8 kHz to 192kHz
- Dynamic range: 100dB (typ. at 3.3V, fs=96kHz)
- S/N: 100dB(typ.@3.3V, 96kHz)
- S/(N+D): 90dB(typ.@3.3V, 96kHz, -1.0dBFS)
- Operating voltage
- at single power supply: 3.0V to 3.6V (combined usage of internal regulator)
- at dual power supply: 3.0V to 3.6V (analog, I/O :3.3V typ.),1.65V to 2.0V (digital :1.8V typ.)
- Serial Audio Format: 24/16bit left-justified, I2S Master/Slave
- Package outline: LQFP48-R3 (9.0×9.0×1.5mm typ.)[Pb-Free]
- Engineering Samples(ES) : already available
- Mass Production(MP) : April 2010