March 19, 2010 - New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. has introduced to the market the NJU7291 system reset IC with watch dog timer, suitable for safety design of electronic equipments with embedded microcomputer system.
Background of development
Generally, as a safety design for abnormal operation, the electronic equipments with embedded microcomputer system, prevent accidents by the microcomputer initializing with the reset IC integrated power supply voltage monitor and microcomputer abnormal operation monitor (watch dog timer) in one chip.
Recently, diversification of application using embedded microcomputer system, demands flexibility of set-up such as monitoring time of watch-dog timer setting and reset signal output delay hold time setting, to the reset IC. To meet these needs, New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. has developed the NJU7291, system reset IC with watch-dog timer.
The NJU7291 is a system reset IC integrated voltage detector and watch dog timer in one chip.
Providing flexibility on application design by independent setting of the times
The NJM2102, our conventional product, sets the monitoring time of watch dog timer and reset signal output delay hold time with only one external capacitor. So the times can not be set independently. The NJU7291 can set the times with each independent external capacitor.
Providing the improvement of electronic equipment reliability by high precision detect voltage
The NJU7291 can detect under voltage of batteries accurately by high precision detect voltage of ±1%.
Providing reduction of environmental impact by halogen free surface mount small package
The NJU7291 employs halogen free surface mount small package (TVSP8: 2.9×4.0×1.0mm) to meet the needs of electronic equipments, downsizing and reduction of environmental impact.
- Reset application for microcomputer systems and logic circuits
- For Example
- Communicating infrastructure equipments
- Network devices
- Server, storage devices
Features & Characteristics
- Low operating voltage: V+=+2.5V to 7V
- Accuracy of reset detect voltage: VRL ±% or adjustable by external register
- The ratio between monitoring time of watch dog timer and reset signal output delay hold time: 30:1
- Monitoring time of watch dog timer: can be set independently with external capacitor
- Watch dog timer function stop setting available
- Reset signal output delay hold time: can be set independently with external capacitor
- Package Outline: TVSP8 (2.9×4.0×1.0mmtyp.)[Halogen-free/Pb-free], DIP8 (8.8×6.4×6.75mmtyp.)[Pb-free]
- Engineering Samples(ES) : already available from February 2010
- Mass Production(MP) : March 2010