Providing various use of three-phase DC brushless motor by control IC with multifunction and high maximum input voltage
March 19, 2010
New Japan Radio releases the NJW4303, Three-Phase DC brushless motor control IC
March 19, 2010 - New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. has introduced to the market the NJW4303, three-phase DC brushless motor control IC suitable for cooling fan, blower fan, pump, home electric appliances and OA equipment using three-phase DC brushless motor.
[Background of development]
Conventionally home electric appliances, OA equipments and industrial equipments employ DC brush motors by reason of its easily control. But brush abrasion of motors decreases life cycle and reliability of the product, so the three-phase DC brushless motors are employing on various applications. In addition, the conventionally fan motor's application using three-phase DC brushless motor is spreading widely, such as high power, automotive and industrial equipments use. The three-phase DC brushless motor control IC suitable for various applications is great requirements of the market. To supply the benefit for the market, New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. has developed the NJW4303, three-phase DC brushless motor control IC.
The NJW4303 is a highly versatile three-phase DC brushless motor control IC consisting of totem-pole output circuit (pre-driver of power MOSFET (N-ch.) for lower arm), open drain output circuit (pre-driver of power MOSFET (P-ch.) for upper arm) and oscillator circuit for PWM control.
- No.1 Available for various applications by multi-function
- The NJW4303 employs lots of functions such as soft start, ON/OFF function, brake system and lock detection system. So it is suitable for not only home electric appliances and OA equipments but various applications such as automotive and industrial equipments.
- No.2 Providing various applications by high maximum input voltage of 40V
- By high maximum input voltage of 40V characteristics, the NJW4303 can work on high voltage applications required voltage margin such as 24V operation motor and in-car accessories.
- No.3 Providing reduction of temperature rise by low current consumption
- The NJW4303 realizes low current consumption of logic circuit by employing BCD*1process. So the device can reduce temperature rise of itself, and The NJW4303 can work on the applications with great care of temperature rise.
- *1 :BCD(Bipolar, CMOS, Double diffused MOS)process
- The combinatorial technology of Bipolar device, CMOS device and DMOS power device with low on-resistance
- Cooling fan / blower fan / pump
- Three-Phase DC brushless motor use application(home electric Appliances / OA equipments / in-car accessories)
[Features & Characteristics]
- Maximum input voltage 40V
- Operating voltage range 9.0V to 35V
- Three phase full wave PWM pre drive high-side Pch-FET/ low-side Nch-FET
- Low-side gate voltage clamp 18V max.
- PWM control circuit frequency setting by external capacitor
- Current limit circuit current limit=0.25V±10%
- Lower voltage protection circuit
- Forward or Reverse direction switching in rotating and dead-time setting is available
- Soft start function external capacitor to Verr pin
- ON/OFF function
- Brake system
- Lock detection system
- Thermal shutdown circuit
- 120degrees/60degrees phase difference change function
- Multi-FG output 2-bit input change type
- BiCDMOS Technology
- Package Outline SSOP32 (11.0×7.6×1.25mm typ.)
- Engineering Samples(ES) : already available from January 2010
- Mass Production(MP) : already available from February 2010