Providing cost reduction of cradle speaker development and enough stereo effect for short-distance speakers
November 4, 2009
New Japan Radio releases the NJU7392, Push-button Interface 2-Channel Electronic Volume with eala Stereo Expander
November 4, 2009 - New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. has introduced to the market, the NJU7392, Push-button Interface 2-Channel Electronic Volume with eala Stereo Expander, suitable for audio equipment with short-distance speakers (which distance between them is short), such as portable audio device's cradle speaker.
[Background of development]
- Recently, the increasing of portable audio device's popularity demands appreciating music with cradle speaker at home. But the cradle speaker has some problems as bellow.
- In audio equipment designing, miniaturization, space-saving and fashion-oriented design make distance of speakers short. Therefore, it becomes difficult to provide enough stereo effect. To clear up these problems, New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. has developed the NJU7392.
The NJU7392 consists of 2-channel input selector, eala Stereo Expander control (Stereo enhancement for short-distance speakers), push-button interface Electronic Volume, bass boost with ALC. Furthermore, it includes stand-by function, realizing low current consumption of the equipment.
- 1.Providing cost reduction of equipments by micro-controller less
- The NJU7392 has built-in push-button interface for its volume, Bass Boost and eala Stereo Expander controls, making application possible without the use of micro-controller.It provides cost reduction of software development.
- 2.Providing enough stereo effect by eala Stereo Expander
- The NJU7392 provides enough stereo effect by eala Stereo Expander (Sound field adjustment function for short-distance speakers, New Japan Radio original technology), for applications with short-distance speakers, and realizes the stereo spatial expression avoiding allocation limit of speakers.
- 3.Providing LED display by indicator output
- The NJU7392 has indication output at mode switching, power on/off, eala stereo expander on/off and bass boost on/off. It can display the mode switching by LED lighting.
||Push-button Interface 2-Channel Electronic Volume with eala Stereo Expander
||Cradle speaker for portable audio players / Portable games Active speakers
[Features & Characteristics]
- Push-button interface Electronic Volume 0 to -68dB, MUTE
- Sound Space adjustment for narrow speaker function
- Operating Voltage 2.7V to 5.5V
- Low current consumption 5mA typ. (active mode) / 1µA typ. (stand-by mode)
- Low output noise voltage 20µVrms typ. (eala Stereo Expander ON)
- Input selector 2-channel (single-end / quasi-differential)
- Built-in bass boost with ALC
- CMOS technology
- Package Outline SSOP32 (11.0×7.6×1.25mm typ.)
- Engineering Samples(ES) : already available from September 2009
- Mass Production(MP) : already available from October 2009