1600-segment LCD driver in one package, best suitable for car-audio requiring for multiple display
October 20, 2009
New Japan Radio releases the NJU6573, 16-comon×100-segment Bitmap type LCD driver
October 20, 2009 - New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. has introduced to the market the NJU6573, a bitmap LCD driver in one package, which can display 1600-segment, suitable for car-audio.
[Background of development]
Recently, the increasing of digital audio and radio's popularity demands car-mounted LCD panels capable of displaying ever-growing volumes of text. And due to fashion-oriented design, it is moving toward multi-segment type LCD panel integrating clock, air-conditioner and audio displays, called information panel.
To meet the needs, New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. has developed the NJU6573, a bitmap LCD driver in one package, which can display 1600-segment.
The NJU6573 is a bitmap LCD driver, consists of 16-common driver,100-segment driver,voltage booster,shift register,oscillator and latch circuit.
Conventionally, this class of multi-display LCD driver is in chip. But the NJU6573 is housed in compact package LQFP144(20×20mm typ.t=1.70mm max.), so it is easy to handle.
- 1.Providing 16-common×100-segment (1600-segment) LCD display in one package
- The NJU6573 provides 1600-segment display (8-character 4-line at 5×7 dot matrix), is suitable for car-audio requiring multi-display and space-saving.
- 2.Wide frame frequency range (66Hz to 566Hz)
- It can drive VA*1 type LCD because of high frame frequency (upper limit 566Hz). Conventionally frame frequency is 66Hz to 94Hz. So the NJU6573 can drive various type LCD, with it.
- 3.Wide operating temperature range
- The NJU6573 has wide operating temperature range, -40°C to +105°C, requiring for auto motive use.
- *1 :VA (Vertical Alignment) LCD
- It has high contrast characteristic, therefore it can bright display in high duty ratio operation.
||16-comon×100-segment Bitmap type LCD driver
||Car-Audio / Information panel
||LQFP144(20×20mm typ. t=1.70mm max.)
[Features & Characteristics]
- LCD driving output 16-common and 100-segment / 1600-segment display at 1/16 duty
- LCD driving voltage 3.6V to 10V
- Bias ratio 1/5 bias
- Serial data transfer Shift clock max. 2MHz
- Built-in oscillator CR oscillation with external resistor and capacitor or external oscillation signal input
- Programmable contrast control 16-steps Electrical Variable Resister(EVR)
- Built-in voltage tripler and bleeder resistance
- Operating Voltage 3.3V
- C-MOS Technology P-Substrate
- Package Outline LQFP144 (20×20mm typ. t=1.70mm max.)
- Engineering Samples(ES) : already available from July 2009
- Mass Production(MP) : October 2009