Providing a cost reduction and a small-footprint due to miniaturization of balanced signal SW
July 16, 2009
New Japan Radio releases the NJG1663K44, X-SP4T Switch for balanced signals
July 16, 2009 - New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. has introduced to the market, the NJG1663K44, X-SP4T *1 Switch for balanced signals *2, which is suitable for switch of balance signal using in a cellular phone and data communication card.
[Background of development]
In a receiving circuits block for a cellular phone, received signals past through antenna are shifted to balanced signals in switching of balanced dual band filter *3 and output and handled in RF-IC *4.
The balanced signals from switching of balanced dual band filter are output at a pair of signal lines, so a switch for the balanced signals which is ease to switch four pairs of signal lines are required in case of terminals with 4-bands. And so, New Japan Radio Co., Ltd developed NJG1663K44 to be ease to switch the balanced signals.
The NJG1663K44 consists of 2 circuits of SP4T switches and logic circuits, and synchronizes 2 circuits of built-in SP4T by a logic circuit and makes the 4 lines of balanced signal switched.
- 1.Providing the alleviation of burdens for PCB design due to X-Style switch
- The NJG1663K44 contributes the alleviation of burdens for PCB design due to X-Style *5 switch, which makes external signal lines not cross on a PCB (Printed Circuit Board).
- The NJG1663K44 adopts EQFN16-44, small and thin package. Compared with the size using two existed SP4T switches (NJG11519KC1), the NJG1663K44 is around 69% of smaller in surface ratio and around 40% of lower in height ration and realizes small-footprint of PCB.
- 2.Low phase error between balanced signals within ±5deg
- No external phase compensation is required due to a feature of low phase error between balanced signals within ±5deg.
- Built in ESD Protect circuit
- Low control voltage (VCTL(H) =+1.3V min)
- Pb-free/halogen-free package
- *1 :X-SP4T
- New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. regards the balanced signals switch as [X-Switch].Means cross single pole four throw.
- *2 :Balanced signals
- Mean differential, which is used a pair of signal lines for data transmission and the signals are showed by a potential difference between the signal lines. The balanced signals are not influence by ground level and have high common mode rejection ration compared with the unbalanced signals.
- *3 :Balanced dual band filter
- Filter combined band pass filter and balun (Balanced to Unbalanced Transformer).
- *4 :RF-IC
- Radio Frequency Transceiver Integrated Circuits.
- *5 :X-Style
- Style that crosses the signal inside of IC and not outside of IC (on a PCB).
||X(Cross)-SP4T Switch for balanced signals
||Cellular phone, Data Communication Card
[Features & Characteristics]
- Low phase error ±5 deg @f=2.0GHz
- Low operation voltage +1.5~+4.5V
- Low control voltage +1.3V min.
- Low insertion loss 0.45dB typ. @1.0GHz /0.55dB typ. @2.0GHz
- High isolation 26dB typ. @1.0GHz / 20dB typ. @2.0GHz
- High ESD Protective built-in ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) protective circuit
- Pb-free / Halogen-free
- Small package QFN16-44(package size:2.3×2.3×0.45mm typ.)
- Engineering Samples (ES) : June 2009
- Mass Production (MP) : July 2009